Five Build Muscle Diet Tips
Bodybuilders know that in order to build muscle, diet is of utmost importance. If you eat a poor diet, it doesn’t matter how much you push yourself when you train, your muscle mass will not grow. To build big muscles, you need the proper diet. Here are a few tips to ensure you follow the proper build muscle diet so you can build up muscle mass fast.
1. Eat five to seven meals each day. This supplies your body with a steady supply of nutrition and calories so you can keep your energy level high and have the building blocks you need to build muscle mass.
2. Your build muscle diet should consist of around 50% carbohydrates, 30% proteins, and 20% fats. This provides the amino acids you require to build muscle mass.
3. The timing of your meals is important on a build muscle diet. Eat approximately one to two hours before you workout. Also, be sure to eat within an hour after your workout, even if you only have time to drink a protein shake. Another time to drink a high protein shake is right before going to bed so you can build muscle mass while sleeping. Always eat as soon as you awaken since your muscles will be low on energy at that time.
4. Add supplements to your build muscle diet to help you pump up muscle mass. Based upon what you can afford, consider taking Omega-3 fatty acids, multivitamins, creatine, and whey protein. A healthy diet is crucial to building muscle mass; supplements can give your diet an added boost.
5. Drink plenty of water over the course of your day to help your body build muscle mass. Water is important to many of your body’s functions including building muscle mass. Drinking too much water at once can make you feel nauseated and bloated. It is best to drink smaller amounts consistently throughout the day. Water is an important complement to your build muscle diet.
Those were five good build muscle diet tips. Now let’s take a look at the type of food you need in order to build muscle mass.
Protein is obviously needed to build muscle mass. You must get plenty of protein on your build muscle diet. These are great sources of protein: egg whites, turkey breast, cheese, tuna, cottage cheese, lean beef, salmon, chicken breast, and whey protein shakes.
Carbohydrates are another important component of your build muscle diet because they provide the calories that are needed to build muscle mass. They also provide energy that is needed for intense workouts. To have lots of energy and to support your muscle growth add these foods to your diet: beans, sweet potatoes, whole wheat pasta, baked potatoes, brown rice, fat-free yogurt, bagels, and oatmeal.
You may not realize it, but a well rounded build muscle diet must also contain the right amount of good fats in order to grow muscle mass. Include these good fats in your diet: flax seed oil, fish oil, olive oil, avocados, nuts, and peanut butter.
Your body also needs an adequate supply of vitamins and minerals in order to function properly and operate in a state of health. Your body must be healthy first before it can build muscle mass. You can take supplements but you can also get healthy vitamins and minerals by adding healthy foods to your build muscle diet like asparagus, peas, spinach, carrots, green beans, cauliflower, and broccoli.
By following these simple build muscle diet guidelines, you should be able to build muscle mass. Keep in mind that your body requires a lot of calories to burn as energy and to use to pack on muscle mass. Therefore, make sure you eat plenty of healthy foods to give your body what it needs to grow.
We shot the lid off of the body building and supplement industry to reveal the honest and unbiased truth about building muscle, gaining strength and melting away undesirable bodyfat. Visit us if you want to read more Bodybuilding Articles
This entry was posted on Tuesday, September 7th, 2010 at 1:00 pm and is filed under diet. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.