BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH A PERSONAL TRAINER
Personal trainers wear many hats, serving not only as coach, but also as confidant, role model, educator and a major source of motivation and encouragement.
Some people may want constant supervision two to three times a week, which makes them more likely to stick to their program because they are accountable to someone else for their exercise time. Others may prefer to see a trainer only on occasion to update their exercise program, or for periodic fitness testing to receive feedback on their progress.
It is the novice exerciser, however, who may find a personal trainer most valuable. Working with a personal trainer for a few sessions is often all it takes for some people to feel comfortable with independent exercise.
Five reasons to use a personal trainer:
- Stay focused: a personal trainer can help you improve strength, flexibility, endurance, posture, or whatever personal health and fitness goals you have.
- Achieve a healthy body weight: a personal trainer can help you develop strategies and set realistic goals for weight loss and maintenance that can be progressed over time.
- Time effectiveness: lack of time is one of the biggest reasons people give for not exercising. A personal trainer can help create a program that maximizes the time you have available.
- Accountability: knowing you have a scheduled appointment once or twice a week motivates you to show up. An appointment with a personal trainer can help you include exercise in your daily schedule.
- Variety: lack of variety in your exercise program can lead to boredom and a decrease in motivation to exercise. A personal trainer can help you by frequently changing your exercise routine while maintaining a focus on your health and fitness goal.